How to Cook Fries in an Air Fryer
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses hot air to cook food. It works by circulating hot air around the food at a very high speed, creating a crispy outer layer while ensuring the inside of the food remains moist and juicy. Air fryers are great for making fried foods like french fries, chicken wings, and other snacks.
What You Need to Cook Fries in an Air Fryer
To cook fries in an air fryer, you’ll need: potatoes, vegetable oil, salt, and an air fryer. You’ll also need other optional ingredients, such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or other seasonings of your choice. It’s also important to remember to preheat your air fryer before cooking.
Steps to Cook Fries in an Air Fryer
1. Start by washing your potatoes and cutting them into strips, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Try to keep the strips uniform in size to ensure even cooking.
2. Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and any other seasonings you’d like, then toss to coat.
3. Preheat your air fryer to 375°F and spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place the potatoes in the basket, being sure to spread them out in an even layer. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip the potatoes and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
5. Once the potatoes are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Fries in an Air Fryer
-Try to cut your potatoes as uniformly as possible to ensure even cooking.
-Be sure to preheat your air fryer before adding the potatoes.
-If the fries are not cooked through after the first 10 minutes, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
-Spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
-Be sure to check your fries regularly and shake the basket occasionally for even cooking.