How to Make Perfectly Crispy Fried Potatoes in an Air Fryer
Why Use an Air Fryer to Make Fried Potatoes?
Fried potatoes are a classic comfort food that many of us love. But deep-frying them can be a messy, unhealthy endeavor. That’s where air fryers come in. These countertop appliances are a great way to make fried potatoes with all the crunch and flavor, but with much less fat.
To make delicious fried potatoes in an air fryer, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 25 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown and crisp, remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
For extra crispiness, try preheating the air fryer before adding the potatoes. This will help to ensure that your potatoes are perfectly golden brown and crunchy.
If your potatoes aren’t as crispy as you’d like after the initial cooking time, you can cook them for a few more minutes at a higher temperature.