How to Cook Catfish Nuggets in an Air Fryer
To make catfish nuggets in an air fryer, you will need:
- 1 lb. of catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch-strips
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the catfish nuggets.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. In a second shallow bowl, beat the eggs. In a third shallow bowl, add the Panko breadcrumbs. Place the catfish strips into the flour mixture and toss to coat. Dip the catfish strips into the eggs and then into the Panko breadcrumbs. Place the prepared catfish strips onto a plate.
3. Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and then place the catfish strips in the basket. Drizzle the oil over the catfish strips. Place the basket into the air fryer and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip the catfish strips halfway through cooking.
4. Once the catfish nuggets are done, remove the basket from the air fryer and place the nuggets onto a plate. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.