Cooking Frozen Pierogies in Air Fryer
What Are Pierogies?
Pierogies are traditional Eastern European dumplings, typically filled with potatoes, cheese, and onions. Pierogies are usually boiled and then pan-fried with butter, onions, and other ingredients. In recent years, air fryers have become a popular way to cook pierogies, as they provide a quick and crispy cooking option.
What You Need
For this recipe you will need:
- Frozen pierogies
- Air fryer
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt and pepper (optional)
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the frozen pierogies in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket.
3. Drizzle olive oil or cooking spray over the pierogies and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Cook the pierogies for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Serve the pierogies with your favorite toppings or dip. Enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Pierogies
If you want to get the most out of your air fryer pierogies, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- For extra crispiness, turn the pierogies over halfway through the cooking time.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook the pierogies in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- For a delicious twist, add some onions, garlic, and/or herbs to the pierogies before frying.
- Don’t forget to add your favorite dipping sauce or condiments!
Cooking frozen pierogies in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy crispy, flavorful pierogies in minutes. With just a few simple steps and a few minutes of cooking time, you can enjoy delicious pierogies with all your favorite toppings or dips.