Jump Starting a Lawn Mower with a Car: A Step-By-Step Guide
A lawn mower is an essential piece of machinery for a homeowner, and it’s frustrating when it stops working. In many cases, the cause of the problem is a dead battery, but you don’t have to call a repairman. With a few simple items, you can jump start the lawn mower with your car. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get the job done.
What You’ll Need
To jump start your lawn mower, you will need a few items:
- A working car battery
- Jumper cables
- Safety glasses
- Pair of gloves
Once you have all the items you need, you’re ready to begin. Here’s how to jump start your lawn mower with your car:
- Park the car close to the lawn mower and turn off the engine.
- Put on safety glasses and gloves.
- Connect one end of the jumper cable to the positive terminal of the car battery.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the positive terminal of the lawn mower battery.
- Connect one end of the second cable to the negative terminal of the car battery.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the metal frame of the lawn mower.
- Start the car.
- Start the lawn mower.
- Disconnect the cables in the reverse order.
Jumping a lawn mower with a car is a relatively easy task that can be done in a few minutes. With the right tools, you can jump start your lawn mower and get it up and running again. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully and use caution when handling the jumper cables.