How to Make Coffee With Pour Over
What is Pour Over Coffee?
Pour over coffee is a method of coffee brewing that uses a filter and a coffee dripper to slowly add water to coffee grounds. This method of brewing coffee produces coffee that has a rich and flavorful taste. It is one of the most popular methods of making coffee because it is easy to use and requires minimal equipment.
What You Need To Make Pour Over Coffee
Making pour over coffee is easy and requires minimal equipment. You will need a coffee dripper, a filter, hot water, coffee grounds, a scale, a spoon or stirring stick, and a cup or mug to serve your pour over coffee.
Steps to Make Pour Over Coffee
1. Put the filter into the coffee dripper and place the dripper on top of your cup or mug.
2. Measure out 17-20 grams of coffee grounds on your scale and add them to the filter.
3. Pour hot water over the grounds, starting from the center and slowly moving out in circles. Make sure to saturate all of the grounds.
4. Let the coffee steep for 2-3 minutes.
5. Give the coffee a gentle stir with a spoon or stirring stick.
6. Remove the coffee dripper and discard the filter and grounds.
7. Enjoy your freshly brewed pour over coffee!
Tips For Making The Perfect Pour Over Coffee
Making the perfect pour over coffee requires practice and patience. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Make sure to use freshly roasted and freshly ground coffee.
2. Use filtered or bottled water for the best results.
3. Use a scale to measure out the coffee grounds for the most consistent results.
4. Make sure to use the correct grind size for your coffee maker.
5. Pour the water slowly and evenly over the grounds.
6. Let the coffee steep for the recommended amount of time.
7. Give the coffee a gentle stir to ensure all of the grounds are saturated.
Making pour over coffee is a simple and enjoyable process that produces a delicious cup of coffee. With a few tips and some practice, you can make the perfect pour over coffee. So grab your favorite coffee grounds, some filtered or bottled water, and get ready to make a delicious cup of pour over coffee. Enjoy!