How to Make Delicious Falafel in an Air Fryer
What is Falafel?
Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern dish made of chickpeas or fava beans that are ground and mixed with herbs and spices to form small balls or patties. It is traditionally fried in oil, but with the advent of air fryers, you can now make it in a healthier way!
Ingredients You Need
To make falafel in an air fryer, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 can of chickpeas or fava beans
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
Instructions to Make Falafel in an Air Fryer
To make falafel in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Drain the chickpeas or fava beans and mash them in a bowl.
- Add the parsley, onion, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, baking powder, and olive oil to the mashed beans and mix until well combined.
- Form the mixture into small balls or patties.
- Coat the balls or patties in the flour.
- Place the balls or patties in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the falafel from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for Making the Perfect Falafel
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect falafel in an air fryer:
- Be sure to use dried herbs for the most flavor.
- Make sure to coat the balls or patties in the flour so that they do not stick to the air fryer basket.
- If you are using a larger air fryer, you may need to cook the falafel for longer than 10 minutes.
- You can freeze the uncooked falafel and cook them from frozen in the air fryer.
Making falafel in an air fryer is an easy and healthy way to enjoy this delicious dish. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes in the air fryer, you can enjoy a delicious meal in no time!