How to Make Mozzarella Cheese Sticks in an Air Fryer
To make mozzarella cheese sticks in an air fryer, you will need:
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (8-ounce) packages mozzarella string cheese sticks (about 16 strings)
- Non-stick cooking spray
To make mozzarella cheese sticks in an air fryer, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Place the flour in a third shallow dish.
- Working one at a time, dip the cheese sticks in the flour, then the eggs, and then the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure the sticks are evenly coated with each ingredient.
- Place the cheese sticks in the air fryer basket. Spray the cheese sticks lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the cheese sticks in the preheated air fryer for 6 minutes. Flip the cheese sticks over and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- You can also use panko breadcrumbs if you prefer.
- Try using different types of cheese such as cheddar, Monterey jack, pepper jack, or gouda.
- For a spicy kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mixture.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the cheese sticks in a preheated oven at 425°F for about 10 minutes.
Making mozzarella cheese sticks in an air fryer is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a classic snack. With just a few ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a delicious snack ready in no time. So grab your air fryer and get cooking!